Having thin eyelashes can be frustrating, but luckily our team of professionals can help. With LATISSE®, an FDA-approved Allergan product, we can help replenish eyelashes for those with scarce or inadequate lashes.
LATISSE® is a prescription product containing bimatoprost, and, because of this, it will require an examination with our on-site Family Nurse Practitioner before treatment. If you experience any side effects, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
Become a Brilliant Distinctions® member! Start earning and save on your next purchase of LATISSE®.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does LATISSE® work?
LATISSE® solution should be applied once nightly. Be sure to ask our team of professionals (along with a Nurse Practitioner) to guide you through the following steps so you can be sure to apply the solution correctly.
- Prior to applying LATISSE®, wash your face and remove makeup and contact lenses.
- Keep the tip of the bottle and applicator away from surrounding objects, surfaces, and fingers to avoid contamination and bacterial infections.
- Apply the LATISSE® solution before bed with the disposable sterile applicator provided in the package (do not use any other applicators or brushes).
- Apply along the skin of your upper eyelid at the base of the lashes, starting at the inner part of your lash line to the outer part.
- Remove any excess solution by gently dabbing outside the upper eyelid with a tissue.
- Do not apply to the lower eyelash line.
- Throw away the applicator after each use.
- Repeat these steps for your other eyelid using a new, clean applicator.
- We recommend waiting at least 15 minutes after applying before reinserting contact lenses.
What should I do if I get LATISSE® in my eye?
Most guests don’t experience discomfort if they accidentally get LATISSE® in their eye. If any LATISSE® solution does seep into your eye, do not rinse it.
What are the benefits?
After several weeks of continued use, you will notice a significant difference in your lashes. Your eyelashes will appear fuller, longer, darker and thicker, enhancing your overall look.
Does it hurt?
LATISSE® should not cause any discomfort. If itching, redness, or irritation occur, stop using the product and consult your physician.
How many treatments do I need?
Results will vary from guest to guest, and the treatment course will be determined both by your prescription and your aesthetic goals. However, most guests need to maintain treatments nightly to see sustained improvements. Be sure to consult with a Nurse Practitioner after 8-12 weeks of use.
Will I notice the difference right away?
Typically, most guests see significant changes after continually using LATISSE® for 3 to 4 months. If, for any reason, you stop using LATISSE®, your eyelashes will slowly return to their previous appearance within a few weeks or months. Lastly, using LATISSE® more than once a day is not recommended and will not increase the growth of eyelashes.
Are there any side effects?
There are a few associated side effects with LATISSE®, such as:
- Darkening of the eyelid skin which may be reversible
- Itching, redness or dry eye
- Increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye, which may be permanent
- Hair growth in areas of the skin where LATISSE® frequently touches
- Noticeable changes in eyelash thickness, number of eyelashes, as well as iris and eyelid pigmentation
- Possibility of developing an ocular condition (infection, conjunctivitis, eyelid reactions) and a sudden decrease in visual acuity. If this occurs, immediately stop use and consult your physician
- If you have a history of intraocular pressure (IOP) or have used LUMIGAN® or similar products, it is advised to only use LATISSE® under the close supervision of your physician
Where can I receive my treatment?
You can receive LATISSE® at our Visalia or San Luis Obispo locations.