Check back soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
What caused my teeth stains?
There are a variety of substances that cause your teeth to lose whiteness, however there are a few major culprits that diminish brightness in your smile over time:
- Food and drink, particularly coffee, tea, and red wine, since they have intense color pigments (chromogens) that latch themselves to your enamel (the white, outer part of your tooth).
- Tobacco stains teeth through tar (naturally dark substance) and nicotine (yellowish, staining substance when mixed with oxygen).
- Age correlates with teeth staining since, over time, your outer enamel wears away, allowing the more yellowish portion of the tooth (dentin) to show
- Trauma can diminish whiteness since your tooth may produce more dentin (yellowish substance) after receiving an injury
- Medications such as antihistamines, antipsychotics, high blood pressure medications, chemotherapy, head/neck radiation can darken teeth. Tetracycline and doxycycline can also cause stained teeth as an adult if you are exposed to it as a young child.
How does it work?
To brighten your smile, we use tooth bleaches that break your stains apart into smaller pieces. By doing so, the darker, yellowish color becomes less concentrated and your teeth appear whiter. However, all guests should be aware that tooth restorations (as a result of dental work) can’t be lightened with bleach.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of getting teeth whitened are obvious: having a better smile. The benefits of getting your teeth professionally whitened at our facility are numerous, including:
- Receiving a thorough whitening, without the streaks sometimes caused by whitening trays bought at the drugstore
- Stronger treatment that provides greater whitening than at-home kits
- Faster results (30-45 minutes) than seen using at-home kits (weeks to months)
- Personalized treatment course
- Expert, professional help with any questions you might have
- Longer lasting results
Will I notice the difference right away?
After your first visit, your teeth will be 2-5 shades brighter, guaranteed.
How many treatments do I need?
The number of treatments varies from guest to guest, depending on their level of tooth stain and their personal aesthetic goals. However, we guarantee that your smile will be 2-5 shades brighter after your first visit. Consider scheduling a touch-up to enhance your smile after 6-12 months of receiving your initial treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Most guests experience tooth sensitivity after getting their teeth whitened, which is a perfectly normal side effect of bleaching. To reduce the chance of tooth sensitivity, brush with a desensitizing toothpaste (with potassium nitrate) for 2 weeks before receiving your treatment.
Does it hurt?
Some guests experience discomfort from tooth sensitivity, but it is usually minimal.
Where can I receive my treatment?
You can get your teeth whitened at our Visalia or San Luis Obispo locations.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have! We are happy to discuss any of our services that interest you, and look forward to learning more about your aesthetic goals.