Nordlys Frax 1550
As we age, certain things happen to our skin. We get more uneven pigmentation, age spots develop, and we start to develop fine lines and wrinkles. The Nordlys Frax 1550 will slow down and even reverse the visible signs of skin aging, removing the age spots and leaving the skin looking fresher and softening the appearance of fine lines. Even better, there is no significant down time – you can have a treatment and resume your day immediately.
How does Nordlys Fraxel work?
The Nordlys Frax 1550nm laser treatment works by creating very small, very controlled islands of heat damage, surrounded by healthy normal skin. When the body repairs this controlled damage, collagen in the whole of the treated area is replaced, reducing those fine lines, and leaving the skin fresher.
At the same time, the surface of the skin is renewed, improving the pigment. A combination treatment using the NORDLYS IPL narrowband light followed by the NORDLYS Frax 1550 produces an even better result with less treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for Nordlys Frax 1550?
Patients with the following skin concerns may be treated with the Nordlys FRAX 1150:
- Skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles
- Treatment of pink or purple striae (stretch marks)
- Treatment of acne scars, ice-pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, atrophic or hypertrophic scars
- Treatment of surgical or trauma scars
- Treatment of improving and repairing sun damage
- Treatment of minimizing age spots
How long is the treatment? How many sessions do I need?
Depending on your skin condition, you may need a few Nordlys FRAX treatments to achieve your desired outcome. Multiple sessions are ideal to maintain results and to continually boost collagen production. Our team of experienced providers will work with you to create the most beneficial treatment plan, recommending the ideal number of FRAXEL treatments for your specific concerns.
The NORDLYS FRAX 1550 treatment normally involves the use of a local numbing cream, which is normally applied 30 minutes before treatment. Typically, the treatment procedure itself takes from 20-45 minutes, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
What does Nordlys Frax 1550 feel like?
Treatment may be a little uncomfortable but to ensure optimal comfort, topical local anesthetic is applied to the treated area prior to treatment. The NORDLYS FRAX 1550 Laser uses a proprietary cooling built into the system; cool damp air is placed onto the patient’s skin at the point of treatment, increasing comfort. After this wears off you will have a few hours where the skin feels as if you have a light sunburn.
Patients might experience mild redness and swelling, but can follow these tips to improve their comfort:
- Use a cold compress to minimize swelling (if needed)
- Avoid sun exposure during the healing process
- Avoid intense heat from a hot shower or hot tub
- Keep the skin moisturized using approved skin care products
What can I expect after my treatment? When can I see results?
Your NORDLYS results will depend upon the type of issue you would like to improve, as well as the extent of your needs. While every patient reacts differently to FRAX 1550 treatment, most individuals can see significant improvement in skin tone and texture after a few sessions.
- First 3 days: the skin will look red and possibly swollen. Your skin may appear dehydrated and become dry. To keep the skin healthy during this period, you’ll want to stay hydrated and avoid itching. Your provider will give you more specific instructions on how to care for your skin following the NORDLYS FRAX 1550 treatment.
- Days 4 – 6: The redness and swelling should start to decrease, though your skin may still look a little dry. Use the recommended skincare regimen offered by your provider to help achieve the best and fastest healing process.
- Day 7+: At this point, your skin might be a little pink and flaky. You can cover this with a mineral make-up or a tinted SPF.
If you go outside, you’ll want to be careful about exposing your skin to the sun. Always wear your SPF and wear a wide-brimmed hat for ultimate protection.